SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Need Help (please!) with Tile Floor & Backsplash Colors

Buehl
16 years ago

I'm not sure if it's possible to help us with this, but I'm very frustrated right now and getting desperate as we have to finalize our tile choices early next week--preferably Monday afternoon.

We are remodeling our Kitchen, Foyer, and Powder Room. Part of the remodel is to put down a tile floor in this space. Additionally, if budget permits, we plan to install a hardwood floor throughout the rest of the first floor (DR, LR, FR, Den). We have the cabinets, wood flooring, and countertops picked out. However, the tile floor and backsplash selections are a problem.

DH & I both like blues and grays. However, our KD is steering us toward beiges and oranges because, she says, of the cabinet color we've picked.

We've looked at 4 tile places now (2 with a fairly extensive selection) and haven't found anything we like other than one that was discontinued and that my KD said really wouldn't work....but I'm wondering if that's just her opinion.

Can anyone help us find floor & backsplash tile colors in blues and grays that would go with our cabinets, countertop, and wood floors?

Someone on the Kitchen Forum mentioned that blue should work b/c it's complementary to orange...but neither DH nor I are the creative type so we're having a very hard time with this!

What we have selected so far:

* Our cabinets are Omega Dynasty/Embassy Artesia door in Mandarin Orange stain with a Coffee glaze. Picture below.

* The wood floor is almost an exact match (Kempas wood).

* Our countertop will probably be either Diamond Black granite or Stellar Night Silestone...both black with silver speckles (the granite is the most likely). A somewhat distant third is Black Galaxy granite--but it has copper speckles and a lot more speckles than the previous two. Neither one of us is fond of the extensive veining and variations in most granites--but I like the depth and "feel" of the granite over the Silestone (quartz) (and they cost the same).

Hopefully this is enough information...I've heard good things about the people on this site...willing to help and many ideas--like the Kitchen Forum only on the decoration side!

Comments (8)