SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

And I Had It This Whole Time!

ttodd
15 years ago

I just needed to open my eyes and stop looking outside of the house & look in the basement!

Between our 2 boys taking white paint to my red DR walls w/ no leftover red to paint cover it and my curtains from JC Penneys arriving and being a totally different color than the color they looked on line (but loving them more anyways), it gave me an excuse to repaint. All fine and dandy if one has money to buy paint so I went scavaging in our basement amongst my gallons of 'That wouldn't possibly work' and the gallons of 'Was I insane' paint cast-offs.

And this is what I found and I LOVE it!!! And to think that I had it all of this time but it took a series of misfortunate accidents to make me look harder at what I already had lurking in the basement.

This picture will serve as my 'Decorating Board' to keep w/ me as I put things together in a notebook w/ fabric swatches and such for when money may allow me to get my reupholstering done, etc. This isn't how my mantle is decorated it's just a sampling of what I have around the house to see how it all flows - the usual decor is Lincoln Logs and Tinker Toys on it.:

I pulled the colors from the pictures that my mom gets for me when she finds them. I've always loved and admired the colors in them. The only color not shown is my hallway color which is already cream w/ the sky blue ceiling (smallest color sample board).

My LR is already BM Baby Turtle (the green sample board).

I found a full gallon of the blue sample board to paint our DR.

The only paint that I have to buy is the Restrained Gold which is what the wall color is (I'd had this sample for almost a yr. already).

I always have the soft blues and purples present in everything that I decorate so when I took the pictures off the wall to test paint and randomly placed the them beside this particular blue which I had laid out in the green LR I was thrilled to look around and have the light bulb above my head finally go off!

Comments (9)