SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

Need Help! All Over the Place w/ Lighting

10 years ago

Well, the contractor has moved inside to work on some of our electrical issues. One of the things being done is finally having 2 hallway fixtures repaired and replaced and the addition of a 3rd fixture to the upstairs hallway. I am totally all over the place w/ this lighting thing and the electrician will be ready for lighting soon and I have to make choices.

I'm trying to stay true-ish to the home, not spend a ton of money since we will sell soon after all work is complete, be something that I can live w/ until it sells.

House background:
1908 traditional brick American 4 Square

Leans Victorianish on the inside w/ the heavy dark woodtrim & stained glass

Hallways are narrow and tall

Spots where fixtures will go:

Old pic of Entry Hall facing the front (that was a temporary plug in light that has remained for 13yrs.). We're finally getting a hardwired fixture. I've never liked how a chandelier hangs down in this narrow space. I feel like my view has always somehow been obstructed even though the ceilings are 9 feet.

Facing back:

What is currently hanging there (and you can see how narrow the space is & the 'flow)

Between rooms

Saw this today while out and liked it for entry hall:

And a fixture has to go on the landing. The window is nearly wall to wall and almost floor to ceiling. I want a light very low profile so as not to compete w/ the window.

Saw this small one and thought it might work on the landing & coordinate w/ the other one:

I would use the same small fixture in the upper hallway. There has never been a light up there and we will be very happy when we do!

I am totally open to suggestions.

I also really liked this one for one of the smaller sections of our hall but I couldn't find a coordinating piece for the longer entry hall. Also didn't know if it would be an appropriate style and age of the house.

I just don't think that I have the volume of space in my hall to pull off a chandelier or hanging lantern of any size.

Comments (10)