SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kimberlyrkb

cool cl chairs update - boo hoo

kimberlyrkb
15 years ago

I got my FORMERLY cool craigslist chairs back today, all done up in blue. I don't like them! You guys were all right - I should not have chosen solid blue. And whomever said the buttons would make them look Early American, you were right - I hate the buttons! I sure wish I could go back one week and take more time to make the decisions. I let myself be rushed and boy do I regret it. I guess I'll need to learn how to sew slipcovers, because there is no way I can afford to re-do these chairs again so soon. We're having every last of our 23 windows replaced next week......need I say more about the state of our bank account??

Anyway, I'm trying the chairs out in a couple of different places, dining room and living room. I think they're not quite right in the space I originally intended, on either side of the window near our dining table. Unfortunately, one other mistake we made was to haul only one of the chairs into the house - we eyeballed and determined they would both fit. But when I sit at the table, the armchair feels to close, and when I sit in the chair, the table is too close.

The living room doesn't really work with the chairs, either - at least not as is. We're trying to keep from putting too much in front of the big window, as we live in the woods and don't have much natural light. We have tried everything, but just can't get the furniture arranged in a way that works.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions for making do with these chairs, as well as reorganizing or changing things up in either room. Some of you already made suggestions a while back I have not been able to implement yet, such as different color sofa pillows and something more colorful above the TV - I just haven't found the right items yet.

Does the quilt look okay on the wall? If it works, I know I have to hang it in just the right place on the wall - it's kind of slapped up there for now to see if it works in the first place.

I'm bummed. My fabulous find has turned out to be a huge disappointment, and it's all my fault. If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I might have had 2 nice chairs. :(

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (19)