SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arlosmom

My quick-and-dirty hall bath facelift

arlosmom
12 years ago

We don't really use our hall bathroom, so it doesn't get much of my attention. I re-tiled the floor and painted it green when we moved in. Then I ignored it. Once in a while I clean it. There must have been a small faucet drip though, because over time the overflow holes on the old sink began to rust pretty badly. DH and I were noticing a couple of weeks ago that it was looking pretty ratty.

I used the opportunity to do a little facelift. We didn't want this to turn into a major project though...it had to be quick, painless and inexpensive. We replaced the sink, faucet, wall sconces, and shower curtains. We added trim around the perimeter on which we hung an old towel bar that came with the house that hadn't made it back to the wall after the last paint job. I painted the walls, the trim and the outside of the tub (I've been wanting to do that for a long time). I also traded the too-big pine corner cabinet that blocked the light switches for a small painted shelf unit that fits the space much better.

Completed in about 2 weeks for under $1,000. I'm a happy camper.

Here are the befores:

And here are the afters:

I love my $9.99 Ikea shower curtains!!

I still need to paint my little rusty stool (it was a curbside rescue). I use it as a side table when I take a bath. I know I want a happy color, but don't really know what color to go with...suggestions?

Comments (28)