SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Bathroom decor - I'm stumped!

User
12 years ago

My tiny little old bathroom has recently undergone a style transition from vibrant Mexican decor to more of a cottage feel. Someday this room will be knocked down to the studs and we'll remodel it properly, in keeping with the 1940s era when the house was built. For now, though, I'm resigned to decorate the little room in such a way that it still makes me reasonably happy in spite of its imperfections. Here's a shot taken with my phone recently. Don't laugh. At least not too hard. The textured turquoise area of wall is where some genius (PO) decided to remove the tile from the walls. Someday this will all be re-done, probably in a really cool period tile once again. (For now, we just live with it.)

Behind the door is an expanse of wall where I've hung this print from the 40s in the center of the wall:

It's 14" x 18" and doesn't really fill the wall space enough. It feels like it needs something hung around it but I'm having a tough time figuring out what that something should be. I thought about a collection of little mirrors, but can't find anything that doesn't look totally cheesy. Maybe some small botanicals or vintage florals, but again - just can't quite find anything that will add vintage charm. I don't care if my prints/artwork on the walls match the current colors of my bath - just want something that's going to be really cottage-like and cute. Any ideas for what I could add to the wall where this print is now displayed? I keep perusing Etsy and eBay and am just not finding it!

Comments (99)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH