SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

DR Copper rug arrived...it's pink :(

parma42
15 years ago

OMG, I'm just so angry. I've spent the better part of a year looking for the perfect rug for my DR.

This is a Safavieh hand-knotted rug. Old World collection in copper/green. I searched for the best price and found it at homedecorators.com. I knew the minute I saw it in the packaging, that it was not the correct color.

The fringe is also not evenly displayed.

I emailed both Safavieh (they haven't replied) and homedecrators who said they wanted pics and would get back to me in a few days. Weird thing is, Safavieh make some other rugs with rose colored wool that's identical to this but not in this partcular style. Have no idea why they used a dusty rose here. Only thing I could think of is that they sell seconds to homedec.

As you can see from the shot of my copper colored granite, there's a real clash going on here. All the colors are cool on the rug and warm throughout the rest of my house. DR is SW Ivoire.

DH really doesn't want the hassle of returning it but knows this is upsetting me so he will. It's not a cheap rug, either.

Can anyone see this working on ANY level? I sure can't.

BTW, DR chairs, drapes etc. haven't been decided on yet. Wanted to get the rug first. Golds, greens, rusts and a bit of black are the main colors I have going on.

Comments (24)