SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Decorating a piano area

dreamgoddess
13 years ago

Originally a tall aquarium was sitting in this spot, but I sold it because I wanted to move my piano into the living room. Now I'm really struggling with decorating this area and would love some suggestions.

The picture and hanging lamp were there when I had the aquarium set up and I would really prefer to leave them there. Although I can move the picture down some if it's too high when everything is arranged on the piano. The hanging lamp was a gift from my mother which is why I'd like to leave it if I can make it work in this area.

What I'm trying to work with on top of the piano are two brass candelabrum, 2 antique piano babies and a fall arrangment. I've tried arranging them with a candelabrum on each end, a piano baby next to each one and the arrangment in the center...but this just looks too predictable to me. I've tried some other arrangments, but nothing really appealed to me.

I also have two brass lyre sconces that I'd like to use. I do have another picture that I could hang on the wall next to the side of the piano. Maybe the sconces could go on either side of this picture.

I've really gotten frustrated with this, so any suggestions would be great. How would you arrange this stuff? Anything you would add to it?

Here's a photo of the area I'm working with.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)