SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samantha111_gw

Tile Floor Patterns

Samantha111
12 years ago

I've settled on a terra cotta style tile that looks pretty much like this one but without the deco tile. My cabinets are a creamy raised panel. The grout would be a subtle gray like the picture. It's a 14 inch tile although it really doesn't look all that large on the small store floor installation. Laid out it is looking like an oversized tile. What would be your guess on this tile size?

I'm struggling between a diamond pattern (the shop shows the tile this way) or a running bond on the diagonal (which seems to look good). I like cozy so don't feel the need is to expand the space by using a diamond. I simply enjoy that pattern. It's more a matter of it's effect on the style and feel of the kitchen for me, as well as how it looks in the layout of my small rectangular kitchen with it being a 14 inch tile.

How do you think the large terra cotta in a diamond pattern compared to a running bond on the diagonal would affect the style of a space? I was surprised to see this English country kitchen showing a terra cotta diamond pattern. I'd decided that seemed to be going French rather than the English country I'm wanting to bring in.

Please share your styling observations!

{{!gwi}}

Comment (1)