SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieschrader

What pendants would you choose for this beach house?

Jules
10 years ago

Hello all. I'm new to GW and could use some help selecting four pendants to light my 16' island. My kitchen will look very similar to Ina Garten's shown below.

We're building a beach house and will have white-ish walls and white trim, and the 22' tall cathedral ceiling will have white tongue & groove and beams (although no cross beams). Our kitchen will be positioned on the wall perpendicular to Ina's, so that our range hood will be in line with the ceiling peak.

A couple challenges:

1) With no cross beams (as Ina has to camoflauge her cable lighting), our pendants will hang down a long distance ... 12-14 feet I'm estimating. Not sure whether my electrician will have to install all new wiring/ropes on each pendant to make them longer. Anyone have experience with this?

2) Our LR and DR will be in the same great room, so I'm trying to figure out how I'll line all the lighting up without it looking too matchy and even. Maybe the lighting will have staggered heights, with the LR chandelier hanging higher to the ceiling, the DR chandelier much lower to the table and the kitchen pendants somewhere in between? What are the rules for this?

Here are some light fixtures I've been pinning:
http://www.pinterest.com/jujubean71/lighting/

Thank you so much!

Comments (17)