SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creekylis

Slightly less-white white, but still white?

creekylis
13 years ago

Please don't kill me for asking this, as I know similar discussions have taken place before.

I have always LOOOOVED white trim, but my current home has stained. I have begun to paint it with Ultra Pure White paint, as I have used in previous homes. However, suddenly I'm feeling like this might be just a tad too white, and perhaps I need something just a smidge warmer--only a smidge. Trouble is, there are so many white options out there, I am having trouble choosing.

My goal is to have a nice contrast between the trim and an off-white wall color. And I want the trim to read "white" to the eye, and to blend well with other white accents (blinds, wall plates, appliances, etc), and not be seen as off-white at all, but maybe not "glow" like the Ultra Pure White I am currently using. Also, no grey undertones. Am I asking too much?

Does anyone have color suggestions and pictures so I can see if it reads white like I'm wanting? So hard to tell from little chips...

I really appreciate your help... my decorating is a little stalled out while I decide if I should keep the Ultra Pure White or start over with something just a teeny shade warmer.

Comments (16)