SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosie28_gw

Exterior Trim - I Need Help with Colors!

Rosie28
10 years ago

After getting endless ideas reading other posts, I�ve finally joined up!

We are fixing up my mother's 1963 redwood ranch and we're getting the exterior trim painted (and they started this week with the prep) - Not much time to make my final decisions on colors, and I need help!

I need advice for window frames and sashes, the soffits, frieze board and doors. The fascia will stay brown to blend in with the brown gutters and the roof.

I have been thinking about teal blue/torquoise for front door, light (off white/greige) window sashes and soffits, and darker or very dark trim around the windows (green/gray-brown). The fascia boards are already brown to match the new gutters, and will stay that way, probably.

However, I'm open to all ideas. I tend to run from creamy off whites with yellow undertones, but I�m really open to all ideas b/c when it comes to picking colors I don�t think I ever do a good job. I tend to like more modern funky and rustic looks over traditional, and I think the house desperately needs some curb appeal, not just your run-of-the-mill white trim.

Please ignore all the messes. We have quite a few projects going on at once. And ignore most of those sample paint swatches - I was playing around with leftover samples from everywhere. Though, some of the greens are in the running.

Comments (28)