SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brutuses

I finally found the bath dresser

brutuses
16 years ago

I finally found an antique dresser to convert to a vanity for the guest bath. I'm sorry I won't have a photo till it's delivered week after next.

Just when I had given up hope that I'd find the "perfect" piece, there it was. My neighbor and I took a road trip 40 minutes out of town to a samll town that has rows of antique shops. Oh my I was in heaven. So much to see, but so little time and money. HA! Some of the items were so inexpensive and in excellent condition. When I see beautiful antiques like this for cheap prices it makes me wonder why anyone would go buy new furniture for twice the money.

Many antiques have clean lines and are not all ornate and foo foo. I think a lot of people see them as "grandma's" furniture, but the fact is most aren't. The very best part is they are 100% wood and no particle board or laminate.

Forgive me, but I don't even know what style the thing is. I was so excited I forgot to ask the lady who owned the shop. When her husband delivers it I'll get some information from him.

What's so wonderful about this piece is it's already finished. It also has it's original mirror attached. Oh, I can't wait to show y'all.

This couple refinishes everything before they put it up for sale. To refinish I would have had to pay what the piece cost.

Now here's the best part, I only paid $500 for it. It was $595 and I was able to get her down to $500!!

Finding this piece has lessened my stress level considerably. I now have all "mandatory" fixtures picked out so I can relax now and buy those other items that can come "in time."

She also had a beautiful corner china cabinet that I really wanted, but that was a bit too pricey for my pocket right now.

Comments (5)