SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovemypets_gw

I think I finally figured it out!

lovemypets
18 years ago

I have been having a horrible time getting organized. Not only have I been working on it for 7 years since we moved in, I used to be a very organized person.

I have blamed it on depression, energy level, etc. anything I could think of.

Then it dawned on me, I have almost no storage! And this is a new display home.

Upstairs we have a loft that I use for an office. No closets, no storage!

My stepsons room is up there & he has 1 closet for his stuff.

We use the third room up there for a master bedroom. It has a closet we use for my husbands clothes and a small storage room I use for my closet. It has a sloping ceiling so space is limited. We hung a curtain rod on the sloping side so there is just enough room for me to stand on the tall side. There is just enough room for my clothes, shoes, and a small dresser I use for undergarments, socks, etc.

The bathroom upstairs just has cabinet space under the sink. No space for medicine cabinet items, no linen closet.

On the main floor is the living room, no closets. The dining room is adjoining the living room, no closets. The kitchen is big enough for cooking, no room for even a small table. There is a pantry closet for dry goods. We have a small coat closet that I store light bulbs, and other small household items in with the coats. There is a half bath that had no place for storage. I bought a wall cabinet with enough space for makeup, hair dressing items.

The real master bedroom is on this floor and we let our grown son use this room. It is smaller than our room upstairs, which is the reason we did this. Also he can come and go and it does not disturb anyone. He has a walkin closet which he uses for all his clothes, grown up toys (games, stereos, and whatever he has). The laundry room is on the main floor and I bought a wire basket tower to store some items in. There is no more room for anything else.

In the basement is the media room which my husband uses for his sports room. There is a small storage area in the back of the basement, we use it for holiday decor, cleaning supplies, and I store some other things down there from my growing up years.

I don't know if there isn't sufficient room for storage for 4 people, if I have too much stuff or if it is an organization problem I have.

It sure seems like I am missing a linen closet and should have some storage in these bathrooms.

I guess I need to buy some shelves for the back of the basement but that sure seems like it would cost a lot of money.

Help! I am drowning!

Karen

Comments (16)