SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kateskouros

another curtain conundrum

kateskouros
10 years ago

i was all set to order sheers for my breakfast room when dh decided we should do the master bedroom and guest room first. he is KILLING me. doesn't he know i have to come up with a decorating PLAN before any window treatments go up? rather than argue (again) i do have colors in mind, and also something of a plan. sort of. but i will hold off on the curtains and just work on shades. by some miracle, he doesn't have a problem with this, bless his heart.

i always wanted to do a sheer roman shade. privacy isn't really an issue since the house is far from the street -and the (future) draperies will traverse. but i'm confused about where the top of the shade should start. i prefer to have them align up near the ceiling or just below the crown. but.

take a look at my windows:

and this is the type of shade i would like to use:

actually, this is the color palette, and will have the room repainted. but notice the wall space above my windows. i just don't think the sheer shade will work out for me ...or will it? i really, REALLY want them, but i need direction. i don't want to use any kind of woven shade (where the wall space wouldn't be as noticeable). it's just not my vision for the room. so what say you?

the drapes will be problematic enough, because of the bump out and crown. i think i'll need to hang them from the ceiling. idk. i'm completely paralyzed here.

and please don't pay attention to the view. that's the old house that is due to come down soon ...very soon!

Here is a link that might be useful: cote de texas top 10 design elements: window treatments

Comments (5)