SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_palmetto

Painting ceilings same color as walls in all rooms but task rooms

crystal_palmetto
15 years ago

We are in the painting stage of our last and only home build. Our house is 1 story - lowcountry type(large porches) with 10 foot ceilings. I took some advice from a decorator/home builder and painted the ceilings the same color as the walls. I have read where some paint their ceilings 2 and 3 shades lighter than the walls, but I did not want to pay the painter each time I have a color change, we are so over budget already. I really like this but would love to get your opinions on this before the painter leaves out. My concerns are the 1 tray ceiling in the master bedroom and 2 tray ceiling in the great room. The only white is the trim, all of the ceiling is the same color except where the 3 piece trim is. Yes, it makes the trim stand out but I have not seen this too often throughout these forums.

I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this. Should I have the painters paint the ceilings where the trays are the same color as my trim or leave it the same as my walls and be different? To get a better picture without a picture...Keep in mind the only white is the trim, since the ceilings are sheetrock too, all sheetrock is the same as the walls, even on the ceiling. Hope this helps!

Comment (1)