SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katrina_ellen

Two toned kitchen cabinets

katrina_ellen
13 years ago

I will be painting my kitchen cabinets soon. I have a small kitchen that doesn't have much wall space for decoration. I am thinking if I paint my cabinets in two tones, it will be part of the decoration. I was going to paint the darker color on the base, and the lighter color on the doors. I thought it would look more natural since the base is more in the shadows and it would naturally be a bit darker. Since you can see the kitchen from the living room, I wanted to coordinate the colors. My living room is Sherwin Williams "Favorite Tan", the kitchen walls are SW Blonde, and the kitchen cabinets I am thinking of painting SW "Sawdust" on the base, and "Favorite Tan" on the doors - same color as my living room walls. Do you think the darker color should be on the base and the lighter on the doors - or the other way around? Or do you think two tones are not a good idea for a small kitchen. The colors I am using are on the same strip of colors - the colors adjacent to each other - not too much contrast. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations