SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pricklypearcactus

Wall-Mounted Track Lighting?

pricklypearcactus
13 years ago

What do you think of wall-mounted track lighting on a tall vaulted wall in a contemporary space?

I have a 1970s house with transitional leaning contemporary style. In the living room, there are no permanent light fixtures except for a small one in the entry way. In addition to lamps, I would like to add some permanent lighting for the room. It has vaulted ceilings with faux beams (currently painted dark brown, I hope to somehow restore to stained wood or encase in another layer of stained wood). The vaulted ceiling does not have much space for wiring above it and has 5% asbestos popcorn texture. While at some point we will hopefully address the popcorn ceilings, I am not certain whether we can or will want to add lighting to the ceiling. What do you think about wall-mounted track lighting? The wall spans about 130" and is very tall. I would want to run track lighting near the top for probably most of the length of the wall. Would this provide enough lighting for the room?

Does anyone have wall mounted track lighting? Any pictures to share? Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County