SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gala522

Naked window seat needs your help!

gala522
15 years ago

Please help me 'dress' the window seat in our new home.

The window seat is in our dining room which is open to the living room and kitchen. These pictures might help you gain a sense of the space. The window seat is off to the left in the first picture.

I have white roman shades for the window seat windows and the front living room windows. For the living room windows, I anticipate adding floor length panels on a rod long enough to allow the panels to be pushed back to completely reveal the windows and trim.

The window seat will have a thick cushion and a few pillows. It seems to me that the window needs some sort of topper to pull the area together, but I'm not sure what will look best. Suggestions?

My decorating style is casual and spare. I generally don't care for much ornamentation in my home. I like natural fibers, texture, and mellow colors.

Where privacy isn't a concern, I tend to leave windows uncovered. That's currently my plan for the accent windows on either side of the media built-in and the corner kitchen windows. However, your suggestions for window treatments for these areas are welcome!

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Comments (5)