SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Loribee - Pics of LR Changes/ Additions

ttodd
13 years ago

Loribee here are a few quick pics that you requested of the changes and additions that I made in my LR the other afternoon. A few things need tweaked like moving the walls vases down a tad but right now I'm just glad that I finally got around to implementing the thoughts floating around in my head! Next up is painting the ceiling BM Chelsea Gray w/ some paint that I have left over. I hope I have enough! I'm loving the wall color that I've choosen and do not regret going white. I think that the gray ceiling will look amazing w/ the white walls.

You can catch a glimpse of the linen like curtains in the first pic. I finally got them hung on rings. They look washed out in this pic.

Following Decorating Rule #16 "Decorate for the way you live not the way you want to live" I got rid of all of my dry clean & spot clean only pillow covers and replaced them w/ machine washable ones. The euro pillows are used by both dog and kids to lay and sit on.

The ladder that I've toted around in excess of 15yrs also saw life as a hanging rack to dry flowers before going into my basement for the past 10yrs. Our kids love getting cozy under throws so I wanted them to be easier for them to get (they used to be crammed under the TV and you could never close the doors). Each kid insists that everybody has their own and I don't want to see 5 throws laying everywhere. I'm going to put felt strips on th eback of the ladder where it leans against the wall so that it doesn't mark them all up. Please, please, please ignore the jammed in silk flowers! I was just looking for something to throw in there to get an idea as to whether ot not the vases would work beside the TV armoire.

A close up of one of the wall vases. I can't wait to get them hung at just the right height and fill them w/ a Fall arrangement of something.:

Some old wooden boxes that I've had longer than I can remember are now holding candles and another old cheese box is holding the remotes. The handle on the old tool tote box makes it easy for me to clear of the coffee table in a flash when we eat in the LR.

Other upcoming changes are to finally put up the 3rd black and white pic that I have to finish that series and get a toy basket to put in place of that tiny round table by the ladder. Not sure if I'm going to get a weathered grey one like the ladder or the one that is the same color as the armoire. I'll probably get 2, one for each side of the armoire under each vase.

Comments (14)