SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Gallery Wall Almost Complete & LR Swap

ttodd
13 years ago

Many of you have watched this progress over the past year. It's a bit overwhelming and I know it's not for everybody. I always feel a bit nervous when people see it for the first time - I can't imagine what they're thinking. This is all roughed out and pictures will be evened out when I get that 3M stuff.

So w/o further adieu:

It's all coming to fruition! I have maybe about 2 or 3 to add to the main wall depending on size and that one will finally be complete and I've started on the fireplace wall. Getting ready to make calls to family to acquire additional pics. DS1 and I were looking on E-bay for old sepia reprints of pets for a mini wall.

DH and I decided to try swapping the LR for the Office for a bit of additional space.

I changed the wall color from brown to bright white (looks yellowish in pic but it isn't at all IRL). I also need to finish painting. Luckily I only had to sample 2 whites before I chose SW High Reflectance White. On it's own this white might be harsh but I knew that we wouldn't see it en masse'. Style wise I'm trying to mix modern something w/ rustic, feminine, masculine elegance if that makes sense.

Ceiling will be a soft pale taupey-gray.

FP mantle is currently a dumping ground for things in transition. I'm considering retiling the FP in a mercury glass tile or something.

The french chair at the desk is going to be reupholstered in white w/ a flirty mini box pleat ruffle as soon as DH fixes the broken leg.

Our future sofa is a white slipcovered sectional and a wingback chair w/ a white slipcover is in my distant future.

Warming the place up w/ antique pine pieces and linen colored curtains and pillows that I already have.

I'm keeping my desk where it is because I wanted a place for the kids to do stuff besides on the coffee table all of the time. Since this is the 'Mommy Desk' I hung a row of pictures from the late 1800's of children and mommies. My kids pictures are the row above and also in the rhinestone frames (need to select 1 more for empty frame).

I can't wait for the first pink Spring Peonies to put in the mercury glass vase.

Comments (19)