SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

I repurposed my FR bookcase to DD's room!

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

After having the FR bookcase sitting on CL for over a week, it finally hit me that I could use it in my DD's room and swap out her toy storage bookcase. As it's a tall narrow piece it really opened up her room which is very small. We are very happy with the result. I wanted to show you while it still looks "pretty."

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I was able to move in some additonal books that were in the FR there as well (second shelf). There is a 6-year age gap between she and her older sister (DS is 8-years-older) so I have a lot of books the older siblings have outgrown and she is not ready for, though these past few months she has started reading at a voracious pace and I think if she has the books in her room, she may start reading them too before too much longer. She is an avid stuft animal collector so it's always a challenge to find space for all of them so tried to work some of them into the mix. She said it now looks like more of a big girl room. Next project is to revamp the bulletin board which I plan to paint and put over her desk as well as clear up the desk top so she can actually use it. All ready for second grade!

And wouldn't you know this, as soon as I completed it, someone was interested in buying the bookcase. I'm not selling anymore.

Here is the old toy bookcase we had in her room which I plan to put on CL as well as sell/donate all the stuff she has outgrown.

{{!gwi}}

Sarschols, don't suppose you want it? If so, it's yours. I'm in the bay area.

Comments (6)