SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Nominate & Vote for Paint color for my Basement

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Here's the deal, the basement was just drywalled for the sale of the house. It's a blank slate. Really. No windows, just recessed lights. Ceiling is sheetrocked too. The space is 10 x 30 (including a little section for the L shaped stairs at the one end.

We are not furnishing it. Either the ping pong table will go in there, or maybe the treadmill and weights, you know just to give a buyer an idea what the room is for.

So, I need a color, want it neutral, want it to read "warm" but not dark. We are putting in a berber wall to wall rug, it is white/gray undertones. (we are not discussing the flooring choice, it's what sells here)

I do NOT want gold colors, they won't go with my house upstairs. I have lots of grays/ taupes/ browns.

So, as long as it gets the approval of my hubby and I don't hate it, YOU GET TO PICK!

This is probably the one space that for the sole purpose of resale I would just go white, but I did just finishing reading a post about if the room is not decorated, use color as the decoration.

So bring me your Buffs, Creams, Linens, etc. Name the color!

(One idea I had was a powder blue ceiling (just under 8') and light walls.)

Comments (21)