SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Sign of a true compulsive...I'll start

mahatmacat1
12 years ago

Well, there I was at the farthest-out GW last night, looking at what you can imagine was there...when I came upon at least 250 8.5 x 11 samples of Knoll textiles dated (c) 2000/2001/2002 (all the ones I've checked so far are still in production), solids, textures, patterns with all identifying information on stiff paper labels in the top corners. 3 bags total, they cost $15. I pretty much grabbed them immediately. But oddly enough, they'd been put out several days ago and no one at that GW had snapped them up...

So I guess I'm a confirmed fabric fangirl. I am hoping it's more like buying a book of paint color chips (I also bought a Miller professional paint chip box once--spent several hours organizing the colors : )) than like my dear late grandmother's envelope labeled "pieces of string too short to use". And with my mosaic-habit (although I don't quilt), I also love little pieces of pretty much anything : ). I'm trying to figure out now what I can do with them--any ideas? Any similarly crazy fangirl/boy "must-have" purchases that you can't immediately figure out what to do with?

Comments (21)