SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nhb22

GE Profile or Monogram Gas Cooktop?

nhb22
13 years ago

As mentioned in an earlier post (see link below) we are changing to a gas cooktop. Because of restrictions with space, etc... we need a certain size.

The GE Profile stainless steel gas, fits the bill perfectly. It's the same size of the GE profile electric brand that I have now, and I like the looks. However, I have read reviews where the numbers/letters rub off the unit fairly quickly, and the top scratches easily.

I could get the glass cook top that looks exactly like the electric I have, but only with gas burners. I hate the current glass! It always looks dusty, something about the sparkly finish placed underneath the glass. Also scratches easily, and is hard to clean.

What do you recommend? I would like to keep it under $1200 if possible, and it needs to be the same type drop in style cooktop. I looked at a few others...Wolf, Bosch, Viking and realize that they will not work in my space without either cutting into the granite or losing my drawer base.

Has anyone had the GE Profile gas cooktop and liked it? It would be so much easier to use because the dimensions would be the same and I wouldn't lose my shallow top drawer. Cutout specs are 33 7/8 x 19 1/8.

What about the GE Monogram? It seems to be getting better reviews, and I really like the looks, plus the specs are also the same. Wouldn't mind paying a bit more if the unit is better than the Profile.

BTW - I did post these questions on the Appliance forum with no responses, and tried to do a bit of searching over there with no results.

Here is a link that might be useful: Question for newer gas cooktop owners

Comments (11)