SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fun2cook

Wolf or GE Monogram Gas Cooktop

fun2cook
13 years ago

I've been researching and shopping for my kitchen appliances for a couple months now. this forum is THE BEST place on the web. I'm looking for a 36", 5 burner gas cooktop, drop in style. After much deliberation, I'm down to the final 2 (I hope). I dropped DCS, because the fit/finish and stainless quality just seemed poorer than the others. The Wolf wasn't originally on my short list; I wasn't shopping for a "name". But I love its looks, fit and finish and big lit knobs. The heavy grates are wonderful, and I like the control placement on the right. (Why so many makers put them in the middle surrounded by burners on 3 sides I don't understand.) The Monogram also looks good. I'm fine with knobs across the front. I like the brass dual stacked burners (like DCS) and it's top burner is 18,000 btu compared to 15,000 on the Wolf. But grates are not as heavy as Wolf. Stainless quality and fit/finish on Wolf appears to be better IMO. I took a couple of my larger pots and pans to the store, and both will work for me size wise. So how do I choose? Both of these are suppose to have simmer on all burners, but what is real world experience with simmer capability of these? Also which one will boil water faster? (I cook a lot of pasta) If an owner of either of these 2 could record the time it takes to boil 4 - 6 cups of water, I'd really appreciate it. (I know neither will beat Gary's Electrolux Induction range LOL). Are Wolf owners having problems with burner ignition (lots of random clicking)? Is GE Monogram service as bad as regular GE service? Thank you for your help.

Comments (3)