SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
judithn_gw

Decorator to Pick Paint Colors -- Worth It?

judithn
16 years ago

Well, the stack of sample quarts in my basement are growing and I'm still not satisfied with my paint choices. I'm in a rut.

There are colors I love and looks I like in magazines, but they don't work in our home. We are not starting with a blank slate, I have antiques and Persian rugs and art work that is too valuable to throw out. This makes it trickier than starting with an empty palette.

Anyway, some of this painting is being done by me, some I'll have to hire out -- we've got one of those killer two story hallways and I don't have scaffolding. Anyway, whatever I choose will stay 7 - 10 years until I redecorate.

I found a decorator who charges $110 an hour to pick your paint using Benjamin Moore paints. I am going to talk to her on the phone tonight. Have you done this? Was it worth it? Did you like the person's suggestions? What do you recommend I ask the decorator when I talk to her on the phone?

I'm not sure what's a bigger waste of money -- buying more sample quarts and doing this hit or miss or paying someone to get it -- hopefully -- right. I'm going 'round in circles. Money's tight, but it's worth trying to get things right instead of regretting our choices.

Comments (14)