SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swest2_gw

Christmas Past or how I sorted 37 yrs worth of decorations

swest2_gw
10 years ago

Well, not quite, still have tons left to sort through. The "go to the Goodwill boxes" filled the back of our dual cab pick up truck and the dual cab! My husband and I realized a lot of the things we had were things we got when our son was little. We decided to get rid of them so some other children could enjoy them. We moved quickly so as not to get sentimental about the items and go down memory lane, prolonging the process. It was fun seeing some of the things again. The ones we were on the fence about we agreed beforehand that we would take pictures of those items and put them on our computer so we could enjoy them in spirit without taking up too much room in our garage.

We have about about 50 - 55 gallon plastic boxes. I sorted through 12 today. Needless to say it was a real work out and my backside and legs are very, very sore!

I still have a lot of dishes and linens to go through, but have decided to do this every other day until it is done.

There was very little garbage in the boxes so we were able to donate quite a lot.

We figured we would donate to several thrift stores and churches.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County
More Discussions