SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelende

I want to make a top treatment for a window , need advice

shelende
15 years ago

In my master bedroom I have two windows measuring 60 in. wide and 30 inch wide. There are only 12 inches between the top of the window molding and the crown molding. I finally found fabric that matches my comforter, and it is a crinkled sheer. If I folded the fabric over itself so you cannot see through it and cut a rectangular piece, couldn't I then attach it to a decorative curtain rod with rings and make it sort of a pinch pleated top treatment? And because I don't want to elimnate any sunlight coming through the window, I think if I hung the rod midway between the molding, about 6 inches down from the crown molding, it could look good.

It involves some cost and making holes in the wall for the rods and I would be doing all the cutting and sewing myself by hand. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can do this project better? I don't want it to look lame.

Another alternative is to buy a very inexpensive topper type treatment and cut my fabric to fit over it, of course allowing extra fabric for seams. I could than make it shorter so it doesn't hang over my window too much. The Pate Meadow patterns are too long and cover too much of my window. My side of the street doesn't seem to get enough sunlight.

I just don't want it to look too homemade.

Comments (3)