SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Why could he do it and I can't?

eleena
11 years ago

Here is what someone asked here a few months ago (see link below):

"There is a single 240V stove connector at the bottom of one wall where I had my stove unit, including electrical cooktop, plugged in. I want to replace that stove with a seperate drop in electrical cooktop range and a seperate in-wall oven, both 240v.

Question: Can I run another cable run from the original 240v outlet and use it to connect my in-wall oven? So that I would use the original for the drop in cook top,and the new one for the wall oven."

And the answer was "Yes".

I have seemingly the same situation: 240 V 50 amp outlet that is a square metal box (don't know the name for it, searched for Google images but couldn't find).

I need to plug two 16 amp ovens. You "guys" have told me I needed a separate breaker for each of them and I understood the reasoning.

But I do not understand the difference between his case and mine. Would you indulge me with an explanation?

I really want those ovens and really cannot afford $$$ to run another line to the outside electrical panel that is more than 50' away, especially counting that the wire has to go up the wall into the attic and then down to the panel.

Please?

TIA!

Here is a link that might be useful: An old post

Comments (17)