SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misstifyftl

Tons of Pics of my empty new home!!! BM colors needed!!!

misstifyftl
13 years ago

Yes, it's me, "camo girl". I am the one with the thread agonizing over what goes with camo. I finally got some pics of my house, which closes Oct 17. Help!

My other thread was helping me with the decision to paint the main area camouflage BM, and what would coordinate with it as far as paint in other rooms.

Now that I have these pics, I am open to ANY color suggestions except tan, gold, or any shade of beige. I mentioned before that I am extremely color blind, and I think hiring an interior decorator is out of the question at this moment, so I am counting on you guys for some great color suggestions.

Here's a great inspiration pic I got on the other thread. I was thinking of doing something similar with the white boxes unpainted above the fireplace, the pic link below shows my great room from several angles and there are a lot of those boxes above the fireplace...maybe too many to leave unpainted?

Here's my house's main area:

Here are the formal living and dining, straddling the foyer. The only ideas I had was to go dramatic in the dining color and bright (as bright as can be expected that could go with camo) in the living. A few people have said those front two rooms need to be the same color, which I do not like but would consider.

One common thing I keep finding about the Camouflage paint color, is that a lot of people pick it, say they loved the sample, then use it and say they do not like it, but then it grows on them. This sounds like an emotional paint roller coaster to me. I want to just love a color but have yet to find a clean, crisp neutral that is not a gold or tan. UGH.

If this is not enough pics, I included the whole house link below, hope it works!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: MY NEW HOME!!!

Comments (12)