SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

So upset with BR furniture, con't from previous thread

akl_vdb
9 years ago

So the follow up limit was reached in the previous thread. Thank you for all the great advice.

I'll just post the update here, and if anyone who didn't read the saga is interested, I'll post the link. (there are pics in the previous thread)

I'll continue to update as I get answers. I'm going to open up a formal dispute with the cc company this am. We do have small claims court in Canada, so that is another option.

Previous update just bumping up....

UPDATE from Sept. 10:
So I received an answer from the owner of the store who is hanging with the manufacturer in the USA right now.

He brought the furniture back to the builder and discussed the issues I had with it.

He explained his policy as this is custom ordered, not just taken from a shelf. They have never sold this set as painted before, they cannot give a refund until they try to solve the issues with the product.

The painter was different from the builder and had the builder seen it it wouldn't have passed inspection.

So the owner and manufacturer are proposing that when the owner goes down to the US again at the end of October, he will bring back beautiful furniture that is painted by the manufacturer who has experience painting kitchen cabs and will be inspected by the owner of the manufacture company.

Then before it is delivered to our house, we will go to the store to inspect it.

So they have my 4K and I'm not getting furniture for another 2 months.

So now what? It's not just the finishing, cross bars were cracked and the backs were hacked (as per the pics!). It sounds like they will fix the cosmetic stuff, but I don't know.

I just have such a bad taste in my mouth about this whole thing now. The owner of the local store says he is in the US and doesn't get internet most of the time, so I can contact him next week.

Do you think I have enough to open a formal dispute with the cc company, or because they are trying to fix it I'm stuck with it?

THANK you for all your advice and wisdom!

Here is a link that might be useful: previous thread that hit the limit of follow ups!

Comments (57)