SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Red Door? And 'Eyeliner' for Garage Door?

fillagirl
13 years ago

Hi, I painted my house this summer, siding a grey-green and the trim stayed the same (tan with pink undertone - not my 1st choice but same as factory finish on soffit, eaves, etc.)

Brick is grey with flecks of tan, brown and rust stones. Door is currently same colour as trim, and that area gets lots of shade.

I am thinking of painting my front door RED - "Sundried Tomato" CC62 by Benjamin Moore. Think it will be OK, it's a reddy-brown that seems to go. (But also get cold feet and think maybe leave door same colour as trim)

Also, want to do something with my garage doors. Either paint the trim the same colour as the house trim OR my friend suggested painting the one molding closest to the garage doors (there are three moldings side by side) a dark black. Kind of like eyeliner.

I'm not sure about all 3 ideas - red door, garage trim same colour as house trim, OR the black eyeliner.

Would love to hear your opinions and ideas on these, as well as anything else that might add to the curb appeal (I'm open to anything and asking for all critiques, good and bad). I live in Canada where it gets very cold and tons of snow, fyi...

HOUSE AS IT IS NOW

Printed a picture, cut out door and put red paint chip hole (this is not Sundried Tomato)

BM Sundried Tomato

PHOTOSHOP Attempt of Garage Door trim painted same as house trim

CLOSE UP OF BRICK

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz