SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnygardenerme

Dad seeing true adult kids

sunnygardenerme
16 years ago

Well Christmas was stressful again, but the true color of the adult stepchildren came out. I worked for days cleaning, shopping, cooking, etc. to make everything special for the adult stepkid's (2 kids, SD & SS in their 20s) Christmas day they spent with DH and myself. Shortly after they arrive SS brings up bio mom which did not fit in our current conversation and it made him look foolish to all of us. Next only after 1 1/2 hours in our home SD takes Dad aside and tried to get a material item that has been in our home for the last 6 years to take to her mother. DH responded to SD with this not the time or the place.

I could go on and on with examples of all the manipulating things they attempted while they were here for one day. It was sad and unbelieveable. The time of the year when one is suppose to be giving and loving they attempted so many opposite types of behavior. DH handled it all so very well, but I feel so sorry for him. To have children so self centered and unkind just amazes me. I do know DH is starting to see through his children and what they are trying to do. These children are hurting their relationship with their Dad and myself. How sad.

Comments (5)