SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kg44_gw

Hated Stepmother

kg44
17 years ago

I have spent the past 11 years raising my stepsons. The youngest one went back to live with his mother about 4 years ago, and now hates me with a passion. The oldest one, who is 18 now, recently moved out and has started hating me since his "real" mother has come back into the picture.

I treated these children like my own, although setting tough boundaries for them was necessary because they were both ADHD and were totally messed up due to physical abuse they had suffered by mom's boyfriend when they lived with her. Now she pretends to be mother of the year and has turned both of them totally against my husband and especially me.

Their mom is a nut, even recently filed bogus assault charges against me which I had to get an attorney and fight in court (was dismissed, thank goodness).

I also have a daughter and grandchildren and my relationship is great with them. My husband and I are alone now and it is a wonderful time for us with less stress and drama than we've had in years. Knowing how these kids feel about me hurts me to the very core, though, especially after all that I have done for them and the way I opened up my heart and home to them. They lived out of state and I had met them ONE time before they came to live with us after we'd been married only a year. It was an emergency situation, so there was no time to think and the answer would've been the same anyway.

I don't expect any words of wisdom, guess I just wanted to vent to others that would understand.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville