SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmomneedshelp

Adult Stepdaughter with Issues Grandkids with problems

stepmomneedshelp
17 years ago

First let me say I dated her father for over a year and only saw her a few times....He told me that they didnt get along when she was a teen and that they were never close.. We lived in another city so I thought it should all be ok....Well the DH insisted we move back to his hometown so we could live in the house he owned and not have to pay rent in my apt....so we trek the 2 1/2 hrs here to live..my adult SD had 2 kids and quickly announced a 3rd was on the way...She immediately thought that since we moved back to town we would be available every weekend for her kids to spend the night with us... and my MIL was sure that we wanted the lil darlings to be with us every weekend because this gave her the break because she let them stay with her every weekend... Well the granddaughter was 4 at the time and the grandson was 2 the little girl told me constantly how she couldnt stand me and wished I had never married her Papaw..I was constantly doing things to win them over (SD was still not around but to drop off and pick up and pick up was always 2-6 hrs later than she promised) I baked cookies I colored eggs I pulled all my paper punches out to spend the night making little shred of paper I would have to constantly pick up I did my part or so I felt.... #3 came along and I would go by on my way home from work 1 night a week picking up all 3 kids and bringing them to my house for dinner and give my SD some needed rest..the oldest told me constantly "YOU ARE NOT MY BOSS AND I DONT HAVE TO MIND YOU" they constantly cried to go across the street to my MILs but I still tried to make this one night a week a special night (nice dinner, roast hot dogs, go to the park) the baby and I did bond.... and the SD we found out was into meth pretty heavy and there were times she would leave the kids and not show up for days.. she would call me to come get the baby and then #4 (another boy) was around by then and I came every time she asked.... Social Services stepped in and took custody of the kids giving them to my MIL but the one #3 started spending the night with me because MIL had her hands full and needed the help which I offered freely... the oldest granddaughter was still mean to me on every chance she got... SD was still not around much due to her addiction and then her rehab... then her boyfriend was sent to jail and she moved in with her kids with her grandmother across the street from me.... here is where it all goes to pot and I begin having chest pains and sore shoulders from being afraid to say anything to offend anyone... she is not the kind of person you would consider a mother... she constantly runs after this boyfriend leaving her kids with MIL for days at a time...she has custody again by the way. and her grandparents are having health problems and are really incapable of taking care of one of the kids much less all 5 oh did I tell you #5 came along.. I know this is sporatic and choppy but I am trying to say things as I remember them... I suppose my problem is with the oldest of the grandchildren that is constantly rude and hateful to me no matter what I do..she constatnly berates me for doing for the younger kids and not doing for her all the time but I do do for her and her brother alot just not EVERY time and I do for her at times but not the younger ones EVERYTIME.. but then again her mother should be trying to teach her better and I am just so frustrated all I want to do is beat her to a pulp!!! She sasses me and berates me and I call her down and it only tends to make her worse and her papaw says I dislike her and that is the whole problem... well perhaps I do dislike her now.... and then I feel guilty because I do dislike her but she has treated me so badly it is hard for me to be nice to her but I am still nice and each and every time I am nice she dumps on me last night for instance she wanted chocolates for her school teacher I did not have any but made this little box and put some chocolates in it that was quite crafty (I had made them for small gifts for co-workers) she turned around and never said thanks but smarted off to me about something else completely!!! She constantly strives to hurt my feelings OK enough babble........

Comments (6)