SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anon2u_gw

Okay, another "mystery chair" for someone to identify...

anon2u
10 years ago

This is a swivel recliner purchased from a small Portland, Oregon family-owned furniture shop which specialized in contemporary furniture (apparently as a labor of love) that was having a closing-business-for-retirement sale 23 years ago.

I just happened to come across the store, walked in, saw the recliner, loved it, and bought it on the spot. It is a nice, clean, rather unique design, but I don't recall if it ever came with any manufacturer's information. It was strictly cash-and-carry that day.

As you can see, one armrest is currently not on the chair right now because someone sat on it (!) and broke it, but I plan to fix and replace it.

The chair is made up of flat wood (probably MDF) panels with a thin leather cushion that runs the entire length. The hardware that enables the reclining action is minimalistic, cool in operation, and probably custom to the chair.

I think it's a very nice clean, contemporary interpretation of a swivel recliner but I have searched all over (and under) the chair and can find no designer or manufacturer's identifying information.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery Swivel Recliner - reclined

Comments (6)