SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aggierose_gw

SW tursty tan vs BM revere pewter

aggierose
11 years ago

We just bought a house and most of the walls are painted SW trusty tan, along with some darker brown accent walls but I don't know the color of those. I'm wanting to repaint everything and I would like to go with more of a taupe/gray scheme instead of brown. Trusty tan is too dark in this house. There is very little natural light. I really like BM revere pewter and BM smokey taupe but I'm wondering if they would be just as dark as trusty tan. I'm also considering edgecomb gray, but I've read in several places that it looks white in many situations. I definitely don't want the walls to look white, and I still want the house to feel warm and cozy. Do you think revere pewter, smokey taupe, and trusty tan are all about the same "darkness"? (I'm not sure what the correct wording for this is) I definitely plan on painting large samples before committing to a color, but I've learned in the past that even when I do that many colors still look completely different once the whole room is painted. I just don't want to spend all my money and time repainting only to end up with a room that is still too dark for me. Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (2)