SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deltabreeze

Master bed redo: feedback on arrangement options

deltabreeze
14 years ago

WeÂre at that in between stage when you lug furniture, lamps and artwork from all around the house and say "Hmm. . . does this work?"

So far, we have gone from this . . .

BEFORE

To this . . .

We are experimenting with art and furniture placement and trying to mostly use stuff that we already have. Here are some of our better options. The picture above shows the windowless EAST wall. It is 15 feet long and is the first thing you see as you walk into the room. I was thinking about restaining the table on the left (to a dark color) and putting a yellow gold slipcover skirt on the chair (to soften the legginess). Do you think the pheasant picture (there now) or the barn painting (below) look better? Also, what do you think about the placement of the tree?

{{!gwi}}

The bed is up against the SOUTH wall. The windows and shutters emphasize the squareness of the room. I was thinking about putting this round mirror (now on the bed) up onto the wall. (It would reflect a nice view from across the way.) Alternatively, I could put the barn painting up there.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This WEST wall is tricky. I would like a chair in the corner between the bed and the wall. The red one (see pic above is a bit crammed. This blue glider is comfy and narrow, but silly looking. I could make a slipcover for it, but it wouldnÂt be easy. Also, what should we put on this WEST wall? The barn painting or the abstract (in the picture two down)?

{{!gwi}}

Finally, the NORTH wall has a nice view of trees and the garden. The shutters are open every day, so we donÂt have much wall space to play with. I was thinking about hanging a small TV on the part of the wall to the LEFT of the north window (where the abtract painting is below) and putting a small chest or plant below it.

{{!gwi}}

If you have other suggestions, I sure could use them. The wall color is EKÂs lichen (green-blue-grey). We may get an area rug. Because of allergies, any bedding I get must be washed in hot water weekly  so I wonÂt be doing fancy pillows!

Comments (14)