SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kahlanne_gw

Master bedroom redo

kahlanne
11 years ago

I would love advice on a mini master bedroom redo. I never fully intended on a redo but kept "happening upon" things I loved. First, a pair of vintage damask curtains with pinpleats in true green for $1. Yes, $1. Next, a thick, super soft duvet for $20.95. The duvet is a white background with vines of pinkish red strawberries and true golden daisy like flowers. There are two greens in the vines, a deep green and an apple green. The scale of pattern is overall smallish medium. Lol. The greens of the curtain are not a perfect match but I prefer that. Next, a bright geometric print, like canes chairs, sheet in exact apple green of duvet for $.50. Lastly, a vintage lamp base
reminiscent of a figure 8 but in more of an aqua green and flecks of gold for $5. For $1.39 I got an oval drum shade in a light golden Brown basket weave pattern.

Now it seems like this is coming together but it isn't really. Currently my bedroom is painted a neutral burnished bronze with a hint of green undertones. It is a very grownup, traditional color. The furniture is a mix of country farmhouse styles, antique black armoire, almost black green sideboard turned nightstand with burlap door curtains, and honey oak four column post bed. Floors are
concrete, double patio doors, and a large basket weave and brushed nickel semi tropical style fan.

I have a quilt that I want to continue to use as one side is patchwork and other, side I prefer displayed, is medallion medium size print in pinkish red. The quilt has more of a Moroccan feel and the duvet is more vintage or retro. One is very grown up and other is more traditional. My daughter says styles clash. I love both and know I would never be happy with either styles on their own and wish I could figure out how to incorporate each. Btw, the quilt has a liitle gold and green but it doesn't stand out much.

So if you have made it this far, am I fighting a losing battle? I want kind of an anthropologie or urban outfitters eclectic look. I am trying to get away from the traditional look somewhat. Any tips?

Comments (15)