SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aliciagrow

New/ need advice

aliciagrow
17 years ago

Quick run down of history. I am now a part of a stepfamily. My SO and I moved in together over a year ago. We are both divorced with children and both of us have joint custody/equal shared time with children. Five in all between the two of us.

Things were rough from the start trying to blend our families into one. Now a year later things in the household are great. I just wondered if any of you have the issues with x spouse we are having. My children's BF and I do not argue about things. We decided long ago not to do this. Instead we formed a business like relationship were we communicate well about the children but avoid getting involved in personal issues of our own life. We also limit contact so that we are both able to lead as normal of a life as possible after a divorce. He has also remarried and I get along well with SM. No problems there

My partener's x is a different story. From the moment I moved in she started creating problems. Calling early in the morning, calling five or six times a day over what I say is very unnessasary things. LIke a pair of pants or a game or something of that sort. She also began to call for things for herself. Asking BF to bring her medicine because she had a migraine, or asking if she could borrow something of his.

It really has gotten out of hand. When I brought the issue up BF asked her not to call unless it was about the kids and to try to limit calls so that she was not intruding in our daily lives. I mean she calls every day. Well instead of things getting better from there they got worse. She began to verbally attack me on the phone and in e-mails to BF. We can't go to a function or sports event for the kids without her going out of her way to approach us. She even sent a long letter recently bashing me to BF and insinuating that she knew I was having an affair with an ex boyfriend of mine and that she had proof. It was a complete lie and thankfully BF and I have a stronge relationship that it didn't cast doubt in his mind about me. She also calls him crying when things are not going well in her personal life. When he asked her why she just said "Well you are the father or my children."

She left BF for another man and BF doesn't understand why she can't just leave us alone and live her own life. This goes beyond caring for kids and seems way to personal to me for a divorced couple BF doesn't say anything to her. He just says okay and hangs up and pretty much tries to avoid and confrontation, but she is creating stress and tension between the two of us.

I wondered if anyone else is dealing with a similiar situation? HOw do you handle it? How do you focus on your life and family with this happening everyday for more then a year? And more importantly why is she doing this? What is the motivation? I would really like to understand her and would love if someone knew where I was coming from. Please help.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor