SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jupiterj

What's your opinion?

jupiterj
17 years ago

I"d greatly appreciate the opinions of stepmothers and their husband views on this topic- Do ex-hubands believe that their relationship with their children is dependent on how their ex-wife(mother of their children) feels about him? I'm really trying to understand the psyche of it all cuz I believe it would help me have a greater understanding and peace of mind. In the very beginning of it all I went out for cofee with the ex-wife and we talked about alot of things I even told her "I know you two have children together so I have to consider his,yours and your childrens feelings/best interests so if you think there would be any chance of reconcilation I will walk away from this." She stated no and we would be at kid functions together sit together and talk I sent her a big bouquet of flowers for mothers day and signed the kids names. At this time the kids attitudes were great they were excited about coming over even his daughter who now refuses to come over. Then when I moved in the attitudes started to change one child started to say I don't like you cuz mama don't or mama was shaking her head and was so mad talking about you the other day. I just say oh that's too bad cuz I really like your mom cuz I know that that's whats best for them to hear. Their wonderful children and I'm really growing to love them but my biggest fear is that she will keep saying things to make them not like me. I already know she makes them feel guilty about having fun with me and I feel so bad for those kids cuz I know that they have had a hard enough time with dealing with all these different feelings over the divorce.We always talk positive about her,butfrom what I gather she is not taking the high road like us. This woman is so insultive to my fiance and he is so considerate of her and seems to go into these depressions when there is arguing between them. Are there any fathers out there that still have great relationships with their children even though their relationship with their ex is not good? How did you accomplish doing this? The other day statred me thinking about all this cuz I heard my fiance say to his 7 yr old "you have to do(something I don't remember now what) it cuz if your in trouble then I'm in trouble." It said alot to me at least how I interpretted it like he gives his ex some kind of power. His daughter stopped coming over about three months before I moved in. He calls her every night and always asks her to come but she never does(she's 10) My fiance always tries but he's become so disheartened. He thinks if he's nice to his ex that maybe she'll encourage her to come over. But last night when he was at hockey practice his daughter was sitting with his ex and he said hi to her and she ignored him and mom didn't say anything I think she should have at least said hey say hi to your father. I want him to believe that he alone has the power to get his relationship with his daughter back on track and not give his ex wife that power. Does anyone have any suggestions cuz time keeps going on and I hate to see their relationship distancing? Also opinions about my original question would be appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor