SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

wth?

15 years ago

Okay, so I posted about the trouble I have been having with 15yo sd. Her dad and I had a talk with her again the other night. Well, tried to. She doesn't do much communicating. She thinks it is just the most awful thing to have her dad sit down and talk with her. Even if it is normal converstaion.(yeah yeah, normal teen behavior @@)

She had said that she had to type a paper at school for english. (We have a computer at home) She doesn't get home until 5pm just before he dad. She doesn't look the least bit cold, cuz it was freezing out. Her dad wants to see the paper. Cuz she offered to show it to him cuz we didn't believe that she was typing said paper. Well, she doesn't even bother coming back upstairs with the paper. He gets her to come up about 20 minutes later. Says she just didn't want to come back up. WTH?!

Shows dad the paper. Has date for last week on it. After she told us that she was just assigned the paper the day before and it was due the next day. Yeah sure, short paper, maybe took 15-20 mintues to type up. Confont her with the facts, she says she left school at 4 and walked home. Uh hello, it takes 15 mintues tops to walk home, where did your hour go? She plays dumb? What? I don't know? Thats when I left, I was there, the debate team was there, yada yada yada. Lies lies lies.

We never did find out the story there. I think she left with her friend who has a car for two hours. But that is just my opinion.

Extent of rest of one sided conversation consisted of finding out if she even wanted to live with us anymore and if she was willing to work on things to be able to stay at our house. Dad is in so much denial that he doesn't even care that she stood right in front of us and said she didn't want to work on anything because she didn't think there was anything wrong. Oookayy then. But just semi sort of kind of agreed only because dad kept pushing her to say yes. Took her FOREVER to say it.

I handed her the phone and told her to call her mom to find out when she could move back. Didn't do it.

So, I let both of them know, that I can't deal with their games anymore, with all the back and forth and sd doing nothing to change her behaviors. This has been going on for over a year now, with all kinds of promises to change. Nothing. So i said that this is it. If i don't see a change I will be the one to make a concrete desision, and I let them both know that I would move out.

Not sure how sd took it she has no emotions that are real. Only ones that she can use to manipulate.

Dh doesn't like it but hey, they both left me with no other choice. I am not happy. I deserve to be happy. I have put up with enough bs from his kids. I have one to get to the end of high school in 3 years, one that just started school, and one that is just beginning life, so I don't have time to devote to my skids anymore. I can't keep trying to teach them things at the detriment to my own.

I don't know what will happen, but I can't keep playing their waiting game. Plus I just plain don't like her anymore. I am kinda funny that way, when I have been stabbed in the back more times than I can count and have forgiven, only to have it happen again and again, I guess I just had enough. I don't like people like that anyway, so if that behavior is happening with my sd why should that make it any different? It did, but it shouldn't. It is like the saying, it can happen once, shame on you, it happens again, shame on me.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County