SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lolanyc_gw

Resubmission of previous posting: When is it time for Dad to . .

lolanyc
15 years ago

OMG! Ok - I was trying this forum out and YES, I did leave things obscure enough for some of you to be making these statements. I am not a bad mother. Background. My 2 oldest sons had graduated from H.S. when I came over here. They were already situated & ready for college. My 3rd son was in 3rd grade and is now in 7th. He is very attached to his father and so it was decided (mutually with my EX) that instead of uprooting the boys (whom didn't want to leave their own home & ranch to live in a NY cramped apt) they would stay in TX. The catch would be that my EX would move into our home so as not to have the boys move with him into his studio apt. As for my current husband's EX Wife; she calls and asks for him to call the Super from her apt bldg so as to voice complaints just because he's a Man and they listen more to a man. She calls to ask him to buy groceries because she doesn't want to carry the bags in the subway train she takes from work. She calls to have him discipline the boys (for which his kids are asking why he's always so mean to them and mommy isn't). She calls to have him run over to shovel snow that is stuck to her Explorer so that she can go to work (boys take school bus). She calls to whine about money issues and how she's not making it and then goes on to ask for a loan (she gets a very good amount $1K+). She calls to ask if she looks good in her cognac colored boots or the jet black boots. He works 2 jobs and she calls to have him get out of work to pick up the boys because she's tired from going out all weekend. As for his treating me differently . . his personality changes when they are here. I've tried everything possible to get along with these boys and there has been some progress. Enough so that they feel good to come to me to help them finish projects because mommy is tired. I've taken them in too many times to count for dinner, rides and washing their clothes without so much as expecting a Thank You from anyone. But my husband's personality is still visibly shifted and the answer for that is still unclear. He tends to buy very expensive games, electronic toys, etc., and he's put our finances in jeopardy. And their (the boys) attitude & tone of voice change when their dad is present. 1 minute they're ok with me and then they change with dad. No, I do not vie for his attention or try to take it away from them. I bow out on many things that I can safely consider a "guy" thing in order for dad & sons to have some alone time. MY sons are very good & progressing happily. Yes, of course they must miss mom (me) but anyone who's talked to them can see that they are very well balanced boys. As for the original plan in our marriage was that my husband was going to finish out 6 years in his place of business before we made concrete plans to move to my home state. I'm just wondering if it'll ever happen or if I'm wasting time. My stepsons aren't the major problem; it's the calls, the calls and the calls from his EX-wife and the way he just changes when the boys are around. NOW reply please.

Comments (6)