SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dana1079

Which Tile for fireplace surround?? Pics!

dana1079
14 years ago

Since we have installed hardwood flooring, we are also re-doing our fireplace surround/hearth. The hearth will be 18X18 tile (light brown/creamy) which is like the tile in our downstairs bath and kitchen.

Our fireplace mantle is standard white, current surround around gas insert is brick as is hearth (which now is not level with floor). We knew we were going to re-do this area, but now I've found two tiles I love for the surround.

The surround area is small, so I needed small tiles 1X1. By small i'm talking around 6 square feet total of tile needed.

I first feel in love with the look of split face travertine stone. But then I also found a "fan" marble, honey color that I also like.

Here's the split face (I originally liked one with more gold/reddish flecks but I think it would blend in with our hardwood flooring.

Here's our flooring (ignore Scruffy, this is the only pic i have loaded into photobucket and i'm lazy tonight!)

Here's the tile for our hearth (just like my kitchen floor)

Here's the honey marble, fan shaped, glossy finish, 2nd choice:

So do you like the mosaic split face, or the fan shaped tile better? Which is more classic and would withstand any decorating style in the future?

Comments (5)