SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylermarie

Need baby momma advice...

taylermarie
10 years ago

My partner and I have been together two years, live together, and he has a toddler who stays with us part-time. Long story short, my partner cheated on me with his baby momma as well as lied about us being together in the beginning of our relationship. In the end we decided to try to work it out and are together and generally happy now. However, I still have an extremely hard time dealing with my emotions about his ex. I resent the fact that she is a part of my life at all. I also feel disrespected by her and know that she has talked about me behind my back as she is a rude and spiteful person. My partner supposedly told her that she has no right to do so, but I have doubts about him telling me the full truth about other incidents. In addition the baby momma is invited to every family and holiday event which puts a lot of stress on me as like I said, I think she is disrespectful and goes out of her way to do things to annoy me (follows my partner around, touches him, etc). He is always telling me that we just have to be the bigger people but I am so tired of being the mature one. I don't think he has established appropriate boundaries with the baby momma and he claims he doesn't see the problem. For instance, due to the cheating and our history, I have asked him to have no conversation or contact with her except that about the child. About a month ago, I found out he has been playing her in a game on his phone. This really bothered me because I have asked him to not have any connections with her. He said he would stop playing, then a few days ago I come to find out that she asked him why he stopped, and he said because I wouldn't allow him to play. I literally burst into tears when I found out because I feel embarassed and betrayed. It's no one's business what goes on privately in our relationship and I feel that by telling her this, he threw me under the bus. He says that it's just the truth and if I don't want to be the reason he isn't allowed to do things, I have to "stop being the reason." I don't want her knowing anything about me let alone my insecurities and feelings about their interaction. So, in short, I feel violated and betrayed and in addition, guilty for "overreacting" and "causing problems when there aren't any". Not to mention the fact that I'm constantly reminded that the most important person is the child, so I apparently should out myself last. Feeling burnt out, sad, and insecure, as well as anxious about having to spend the upcoming holiday with this person I can't stand. Please please help. Thank you.

Comments (8)