SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
confused32_gw

Advice for a struggling stepmom

confused32
16 years ago

I have been a stepmother for almost 5 years and I have come to a point that I don't know whether to walk away from everything or try to continue to muddle through this existence that I currently endure. My SS is 12 going on 13 and has recently become too difficult to deal with. His BM hasn't been in the picture since he was about 5 and my husband has sole custody. The main issues that I have been having aside from the typical is that he has been stealing money from me, lying, getting into fights and getting bad grades and behavior grades in school. My husband and I fight about this all the time because I don't agree with how he handles these situations. His response is always "that's normal, show me a kid who doesn't do those things". I don't care about other kids, just the one that is making me miserable in my own home. It has gotten to the point that I have told my husband that I should move out and we can see each other until his son is old enough to move out. I don't know what else to do and I know that we are on the verge of a divorce. I am unhappy with my home life and it's greatly affected my marriage. Is any of this normal? Does anyone have a similar experience to share? I am beginning to feel like the "evil stepmother" and I cannot take the stand-offish and defensive behavior from my husband. I don't want to be divorced becuase I do love him but I don't know how to work through this problem. Any advice would be appreciated more than you will ever know....

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH