SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raider_power

Low Power Outlets

raider_power
14 years ago

Hello all. I have a situation where the outlets in my upstairs bathroom function at very low power, along with our outside outlets. I know there is some power being supplied to the bathroom outlets, as a nightlight we normally have plugged in will light very dimly if plugged in. What I have also found is that if I plug in another item (curling iron, lamp), the item I turn on will not work and the nightlight will shut off as well. If I unplug the other item, the nightlight comes back on dimly.

I've not tried the outside outlets to see if the nightlight will run on them, but I kind of suspect it might function the same as in the upstairs bathroom. What is odd about the outside outlets is we used them for our Christmas lights with no issue.

One of my daughters bedroom is next door to the upstairs bathroom. All of the outlets in her room work, as well as all of the outlets in my other daughter's room across the hall.

I am not an electrical expert by any stretch of the imagination, so if you have any ideas about what might be going on, I would appreciate hearing them.

Thanks.

Comments (6)