SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Which blinds for the patio doors?

User
14 years ago

My DH says to me during dinner tonight,"Are you ever going to buy blinds for those doors?" He's right we need something and I've been undecided for months now. It's not often he encourages me on buying stuff for the house so I'd like to take advantage of it. lol

I don't want fabric roman shades. I'm not paying to have anything custom done. Not interested in spending a bunch of money. I'm undecided if I want to make coordinating valances over each side. I was going to use those magnetic rods and stick them on the door. The blind I'm considering has a valance attached so I don't know if the magnetic rod will work. Depth might be an issue. I could always drill holes in the door. I'm not against that anymore. I won't be hanging anything above the door because it will interfer with going outside.

My sister has the roman shade (see link) and I really like hers. What do you think of this idea and if it's a good one what color? I like the cocoa brown. I believe they also have a natural color and a greenish shade. Here's some shots of the area. You also will see this entering the front door.

Standing up from foyer

{{!gwi}}

Right outside the DR area. Please ignore seat cushion

{{!gwi}}

The right side

{{!gwi}}

Different angle

{{!gwi}}

They have other differet materials of blinds and roman shades. I'm most interested in what color would work best for the space.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ambria Roman Shade

Comments (43)