SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hopefloats_gw

HELP - Sliding Patio Door with blinds inside glass

hopefloats
12 years ago

My kitchen is being remodeled and I need to replace the slider patio door and a casement window. I've been researching and looking at sliders with interior blinds.Ideally, I would like to have the mini blinds between the panes of glass to block out strong sun from morning to early afternoon...appreciated during CT winters, but not in the summer. Right now, I'm going through sticker shock and baffled by salesman (Home Depot)telling me that their Jenweld was junk, but the miniblinds in them are good. If he wouldn't buy it then why would I?

I heard from several contractors that they find slider patio doors to be of poor quality with high price tags. A Pella salesman quoted me a $4,000 price on their pine interior and aluminum exterior slider with retractable screen and blinds. The blinds did not even operate easily.

The instockPella standard slider with the white blinds and sliding screen was $2,900. With my carpenter installing...that's an expensive project.

I could use some guidance here in CT. Do I really have to pay that much money for a poor quality slider door that isn't recommended by salesmen and that has poor customer reviews. HELP please! Would someone guide me to towards quality sliders?

Comments (7)